Who, Why and When

Hello and welcome to our mid life crisis. We are two thirty something blokes with a love of motorcycles and wide open spaces. This blog not only follows our four week trip into the unknown but also contains information and links on how we set up our bikes for the trip. Hopefully our story not only inspires you to get out of your comfort zone and do something mad and liberating but also gives you a bit of a laugh.


Cheers Mike and Rod

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The return of the itch!

Hi everyone and happy New Year.

It's been a while since I've done anything with the blog and I thought it was high time I added a few more pictures of the trip. I've added a page with quite a few more photo's (see the page link) and I might even get around to adding captions so they make some sense. I've also been meaning to update Tony's Harley page with an accurate photo since I was told:

 "My bike dosn't look like that. That's just a stock Dyna Glide! Mine is now a Screaming Eagle Custom Dyna Glide!!!!"

Well Tony I had to sort through all of the trip photo's for just the right shot. Hope this is better!

You can now post comments on the page if you so desire. I purposely turned this off during the trip because we didn't have any time to reply to anyone. Still it would be great to hear from you, especially anyone else doing or planning a motorcycle trip.

Finally after a bit of nudging from a few people (and some serious sweet talking of the wife) planning has started on the MLCOAB version 2.0. It's still in the early stages at the moment but Me, Rod's brother Mike and my great mate Cliffy are going to tackle a number of the back country gravel roads in the South Island of New Zealand. Rod swore he'd never do more than three days in the saddle again, never, no way, forget it! But I expect he'll be on board in about two minutes once I show him the planned route, then I can spend the next year or so stressing out about Rod riding on NZ roads!

Cheers Mick.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete