Who, Why and When

Hello and welcome to our mid life crisis. We are two thirty something blokes with a love of motorcycles and wide open spaces. This blog not only follows our four week trip into the unknown but also contains information and links on how we set up our bikes for the trip. Hopefully our story not only inspires you to get out of your comfort zone and do something mad and liberating but also gives you a bit of a laugh.


Cheers Mike and Rod

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yulara

Day 7 The Olga's and Mike Hit's The Wall

Orginally that morning we were going to go to Uluru so Rod could climb it but it was quite windy and the climb was closed. We headed out to the Olgas instead and did a couple of the walks. I was in Geological Heaven of course which kept Rod in stitches.
Olgas Lookout
View from the West
About half way through I hit the wall. I really didn't realise how much the last week had taken out of me, particularly the Gunbarrel. Rod just laughed at me and took a funny photo of me collapsed on a chair. Rod hit the wall about 5pm!
Mick Hits the Wall
We did manage to get our first holding hands in the desert shot. Sorry Nick we've just been to busy.
Holding Hands In the Desert - A photo for our good friend Nick
We then had a relaxing coffee back in Yulara before heading back out to Uluru for the sunset. Stunning stuff!
Boys at the rock
Sunset
We then had dinner with the last of the tag along crew. Hamburgers, mmmmmmm. Just as I got up to do the dishes though I re-tore my rib cartilage which I had damaged on the Gunbarrel. Not good!


No comments:

Post a Comment